Established Fortune Manufacturer seeks management accounting professional for the role of Plant Controller. Responsible for the safeguarding and ethical accounting of all division assets in conformance with generally accepted accounting principles. This role must posses’ excellent communication and process improvement skills, as well as the ability to proactively develop internal business partnerships across all levels of the organization; the right candidate should have a strong finance background in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated knowledge of accounting processes and cycles including experience in financial planning, forecasting, costing, budgeting and analysis.
• Actual vs. Budget overspend process and review
• Purchase price, manufacturing spend and order closeout variance analysis
• Labor & overhead rate development
• Cycle count/physical inventory accuracy review
• Support inventory turn optimization analysis
• Month-end close procedures
• Lead monthly/quarterly/annual forecast process across other functional departments
• Complete corporate FP & A requirements – bridge, revenue breakdowns, etc
• Ensure corporate policies and procedures are in place and effective
• Manage business scorecard and illuminate financial trends
• Strong ERP systems
• B.S./B.A. Accounting or Finance; MBA a plus
• C.M.A./C.P.A highly desired
• 7 years financial accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
All inquiries are confidential.
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.