$14 billion global, publicly traded firm and the world’s largest company within their industry is seeking a top accounting professional to play a key management role within their Financial Reporting group. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Accounting Manager will oversee the financial reporting responsibilities for one of the company's key business segments. The Accounting Manager oversees the key accounting & analysis functions and ensures that financial statements are prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP) and in a timely and accurate manner, also taking into account corporate policies and procedures. This individual will have 2 direct reports and will be in charge of the management and mentorship of the the staff.
• Manage accounting and analysis processes and procedures in accordance with GAAP and company policies
• Direct the month-end close process for a very large segment of the business, ensuring that financial statements are prepared in a timely and accurate manner
• Oversee the reconciliation of all general ledger accounts and resolving discrepancies
• Perform budgeting and forecasting of future financial performance
• Present financial results to upper management and the board members of the company
• Interact with other finance and accounting functions of the company as necessary
• Manage special projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, advanced degrees considered a plus
• At least 6 years of financial accounting experience either in public or corporate accounting environments. A combination of the two is preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Office products as well as experience with an automated/ERP General Ledger system required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• Ability to travel as needed (mostly day trips with overnight trips required several times a year)
In this role, this individual will enjoy a friendly, collaborative work environment, strong work/life balance, as well as a market-competitive compensation and benefits package.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.