Must possess extensive knowledge of transmission line design, both civil and electrical aspects.
Education / Experience
BS in Civil or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
Knowledge and demonstrated experience in transmission line design.
Licensed professional engineer with ability to become licensed in multiple states.
• Minimum 5 years experience in actual hands on design work
• Experience in preparing cost effective designs
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of transmission engineering, including route selection, conductor selection, structure layout and strength design, plan and profile development, material takeoffs.
• Proficient in the use of common engineering application software, particularly PLS-CADD
• Knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ASCE, ACI, ANSI and G.O. 95 that apply to transmission design
• Extensive knowledge of design documents and drawings necessary for a complete a project
• Knowledge in the devlopment of construction bid packages and specifications
Duties & Responsibilities
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
• Generate cost effective designs for high voltage electrical transmission lines
• Represent the Engineering department and participate in inter-department meetings
• Attend meetings with customers as needed to support the Sales department and the engineers
• Monitor team progress and activities to ensure projects remain on schedule, within budget and exceed customer expectations
• Able to perform transmission line engineering work independently.
• Balance innovation and standardization of work processes
• Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by assignments
• Other duties as required
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.