The Estimator reports to the Vice President – Pre-Construction Services and has the responsibility for preparing portions of contract proposal estimates for one or more disciplines.
• Reviews proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
• Prepares estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
• Assists with making phone calls or running copies of documents, proposals, as needed.
• Requests quotations; organizes, reviews and logs quotes received.
• Maintains files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including accurate, current information on prices from suppliers.
• Maintains database with current contact information for subcontractors and vendors.
• Participates in estimate review meetings with design professionals, owner or owner’s representatives, when required.
• Participates in project hand-off meetings.
• Develops preliminary project schedules to aid in estimating process.
• Delivers major bids, picks up drawings and other miscellaneous bid-related errands.
• Maintains skills for software tools and technology utilized in position and within department.
• Assists with cost control system set-up.
• Communicates and reinforces the Company vision, values and goals.
• Supports other department personnel as required.
• All other duties as assigned.
Position Background Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Administration, Engineering or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience required. Advanced math and computer skills desirable. Construction field experience a plus, but not required. Ability to conceptualize the project schedule from project start through completion, including sequence/phasing of work. Knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost controls also required. Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems a plus.
Please send your resume and a project list and a list of estimating software you are experienced with.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.