We are currently seeking professionals with experience or interest in Industrial Gas, Air Separation, Refinery, and Energy trades. Your pipeline experience within production, engineering, marketing, safety, process support, or management is highly valued by our company.
Pipeline Engineer - Opportunities in the Pipeline Engineering field may become available in the future.
The Praxair Pipeline Engineer has a broad scope of responsibilities in design, construction, operations, maintenance, integrity and modification of pipeline operations. The successful candidate will provide engineering, technical support, operational support and project management for field operations with all work assignments in compliance with pipeline safety standards, adherence to applicable codes and regulations, management of change and existing company standards.
Daily Responsibilities are not limited to:
• Provide technical support to Praxair's Operations. This work shall include all appropriate calculations, documentation and recommendations. Examples include hydro test, setting relief valves (PSV's), field connections, MOP studies, pipeline capacity evaluations, design and installation of new connections, and assist and/or managing routine and emergency pipeline repairs, provide consultation for requests from communities, states and /or federal regulatory agencies. Assist with System Integrity Reviews.
• Understand the process, process equipment, and control equipment including associated electrical and instrumentation related to control systems.
• Interact with operations to develop control system improvements during normal and upset operating conditions.
• Responsible for the selection and programming implementation of required graphic interfaces on SCADA interfaces.
• Assist Praxair's Operations in solving common and complex control/ pipeline engineering problems; utilizing C, Visual C and Visual Basic develop and maintain computer models to be utilized by Operations and Sales in modeling services provided to customers.
• Work with and/or support capital and expense projects with Praxair's Projects Managers.
• Support the preparation and utilization of specifications, details, maintenance procedures and documentation improvements for Praxair pipelines.
• Works closely with Praxair and regulatory personnel at all levels to proactively achieve compliance objectives and satisfy regulatory requirements.
• Prepare pipeline facilities for internal and external audits.
• Assess the impact of new regulatory rulemaking and integrate into compliance programs, as necessary, with Praxair's Compliance Manager
• Standardize work processes at all locations in order to ensure compliance/ work process is in a consistent manner.
• Promote the regulatory requirements in the continued development of the PACS (Praxair's Asset Control System).
• Ensure that the corrosion protection program meets the regulatory requirements.
Our full benefit package offers the best in class options from leading companies:
• Pension - Company paid at 4% of your pensionable earnings. Employee is vested after 3 years.
• 401K - Company matches 100% of first 5% of employee savings.
• Flex Hours
• Vacation - 10 days for Years 1 - 4
• Educational Refund Program
• Healthcare and Child Care Reimbursement Programs
• And Much More…
Praxair is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
We encourage candidates who have earned the following degrees, certificates or military experience to consider opportunities with Praxair:
• Chemical Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Control Systems Engineering
Must have 5+ years of relatable experience and be willing to travel at least 30%
To apply, go to https://praxair.taleo.net/careersection/2/moresearch.ftl?lang=en Job ID 1201422
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.