We are currently seeking an Electrical Reliability Specialist that will be based at our East Chicago, IN location. This position will report to the Reliability Center Manager and will work with the NAIG Regional Reliability team to achieve strategic reliability goals within the Region.
The overall objective of the Electrical Reliability Specialist is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of production facilities at the lowest life cycle cost. The Electrical Reliability Specialist will be responsible for the identification, development, and implementation of preventive/predictive programs and corrective maintenance solutions for electrical systems and equipment in multiple facilities. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations in the field.
1. Maintain and troubleshoot industrial electrical distribution systems and equipment including
a. Substations, Breakers, Switchgear, MCCs, Protective Relay systems, Battery and UPS systems and Transformers up to 138kV.
b. Induction and synchronous motors up to 15kV.
c. Back-up generators up to 1500kW.
2. Plan, schedule, coordinate and perform preventive maintenance based on established procedures.
3. Plan, schedule, coordinate and perform predictive maintenance - such as IR Thermography, Transformer Oil Analysis, Partial Discharge Testing and Power Quality Analysis.
4. Support root cause analysis program for major failures.
5. Assist in Identifying and resolving chronic electrical asset concerns (bad actors).
6. Assist in turnaround planning and cost estimation of electrical work.
7. Assess equipment performance data and ensure optimal and efficient performance.
8. Provide on-site or remote direction to plant or contract personnel to ensure safe and effective work.
9. Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires approximately 30% travel domestically. Accessibility during off-hours is required. Employee will be required to work in different weather conditions and must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding, man-lifts and crane baskets.
1. 5 years of experience in the maintenance of electrical systems and equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment.
2. Proven experience in installation, troubleshooting and repairs of industrial electrical systems and equipment.
3. Proven knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance of industrial electrical systems and equipment.
4. Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
5. Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on teams.
6. Proven experience as a self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision.
7. Proven experience in computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
1. Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
2. Licensed Journeyman electrician
3. Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
4. Proven understanding of control and instrumentation systems in an industrial manufacturing environment.
5. Proven experience in CMMS systems such as Infor EAM.
Praxair is a global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services and technologies. Among the gases we supply are oxygen, nitrogen, argon, carbon dioxide, helium, and hydrogen.
The company’s world-class engineering organization designs, engineers and constructs cryogenic and non-cryogenic supply systems around the world.
To apply, go to https://praxair.taleo.net/careersection/10140/moresearch.ftl?lang=en Job ID 1200740
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.