Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Our client is a fast growing manufacturing company in the Chicago suburbs looking for 3 Continuous Improvement Engineers to work in their fast paced environment. Our client is growing incredibly fast rate and as a result is adding 3 employees to there staff. This position offers opportunity for advancement and stability. This position will be responsible to facilitate a lean manufacturing process. Will analyze the manufacturing process, coach, and train employees in a lean manufacturing setting
This position is open due to an expansion and growth.
• Utilize lean manufacturing techniques to direct and coordinate all activities related to a production shift to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality.
• Conduct root cause analyses to address specific process or quality problems
• Conduct time studies and methods analyses
• Maintain prospective Kaizen projects – determining organizational impact & criticality
• Utilize Lean tools to measure and target efforts (i.e. VSM, SMED, 5S, TPM, Kaizen, Kanban, JIT, etc)
• 80% of time will be spent on the floor, leading, training, and executing Lean activity
• 20% of time will be spent planning and executing employee training
• Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred. Ideally in Operations Management, Business, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, etc
• Project Management certification, MBA or Masters in Project Management is a big plus
• Must have manufacturing experience. Ideally in any of the following manufacturing industries: foods, consumer products, high-speed packaging, automotive, assembly, injection molding, etc
• Experience implementing lean manufacturing, six-sigma, TPM, TQM, JIT, Kanban, Kaizen, process improvements or continuous improvement projects
• Possess: strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, effective team building skills, proven ability to deliver results, strong ability to multi-task and prioritize and the ability to effectively manage conflict and maintain strong employee relations
• Effective PC skills required (Microsoft Office)
• Strong analytical skills including experience performing data