We are currently recruiting for a client that is opening a new facility in the southern suburbs of Chicago. They specialize in machining parts for automotive, industrial equipment and moving machinery industries. We are looking for 3 Production Supervisors (one for each shift) to work in their fast paced environment.
• Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to a production shift to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality.
• Will have direct supervision responsibility of 10-50 employees
• Ensure quality product is being produced at the standard rate while minimizing scrap and down time.
• Ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed.
• Provide positive reinforcement, constructive criticism and disciplinary actions as appropriate.
• Identify and resolve issues using lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies
• Bachelor’s degree (highly desired, not required with the right experience). Ideally in Operations Management, Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, etc
• Must machining, CNC based manufacturing experience and must have held the title of production supervisor or very similar
• Ideal manufacturing experience would be in any of the following manufacturing industries: Machining, Automotive, Tier 1, Tier 2, CNC, metal fabrication, assembly, electromechanical assembly, etc
• 2-4 years of prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Desired experience: lean manufacturing, six-sigma, TPM, TQM, process improvements or continuous improvement projects
• Must possess: strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, effective team building skills, proven ability to deliver results, strong ability to multi-task and prioritize and the ability to effectively manage conflict and maintain strong employee relations
• Effective PC skills required (Microsoft Office)
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.