Job Title: HR Portal Developer/Analyst- HR Technology
Location: Schaumburg, IL 60196
Duration: 6-12+ months (Strong possibility for extension)
Job Description / Requirement:
• This position is primarily responsible for executing discreet, day-to-day activities of project work related to the portal work stream of HR Technology as part of a broad HR Transformation program.
• Implementation of the portal is an integral component of the deployment of the global Software as a Service (SaaS) HRMS (Workday) and Talent Management (Cornerstone OnDemand) solutions; and new employee service center and service delivery model.
• Portal work stream tasks include, but are not limited to, leading and executing development of portal information architecture, content inventory, content loading, wireframe creation and maintenance and collaborating with internal HR, Marketing and IT team members on overall site design, testing and implementation.
• The individual in this position will be responsible for overall plan creation, execution, implementation, development, testing and go-live ready activities; and will work closely with a team of HR Technology, Marketing, IT and Change Management experts under the direction of the HR Technology program manager.
Serve as HR portal developer/analyst responsible for:
• Documenting detailed portal requirements to achieve HR portal strategy
• Developing the information architecture, content inventory, future state content location, wireframes
• Recommending design, content categorization, governance and user experience leading practices to support the HR portal strategy
• Coordinating portal testing activities to include, creating test plans, scenarios and scripts; delivery and collection of test plans, test results and test validation
• Creating the new site structure in the Vignette portal environment
• Collecting and loading all the content in the new site structure
• Supporting SSO and SaaS application integration activities
• Supporting development of any training or change management materials
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 3-5 years of web/portal design and development
• Minimum 2 years hands on work with HTML
• Experience in HTML programming, graphic design and portal application architecture required
• Functional experience in HR and/or HR technology a plus
• Development knowledge and experience with Open Text (Vignette) Portal and Content Management System required
• Deep understanding of web/portal design principles and user experience
• Experience on large scale, complex projects
• Strong analytical skills and experience in system testing, test methodology, test plan execution and coordination
• Experience developing requirements, current state analysis, content inventory and management and portal personalization strategy
• Ability to self-manage, manage multiple tasks, prioritize work and manage time with minimal supervision
• Experience in defining, designing, and presenting outcome focused solutions
Desirable, yet not required, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Advanced knowledge with integration tools and services using Java; web services technologies and tools (WSDL, SOAP, XML, MQ messaging, Enterprise Service Bus)
• Knowledge of portal user personalization strategy, social media, search engine optimization and mobile applications for HR
• Experience with standard project management practices, tools and standards
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (Human Resources or a related field a plus) and at least 3-5 years of directly related experience in Enterprise, Employee or HR portals (this is not an IT role)
• A minimum of 2 years leading a team either directly or in a project management role.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.