Job Title : Technical Analyst - BRMS
Location : Lisle, IL 60532
Duration : Contract to Hire
Direct Client : Leading Automotive Company
Job ID : (ID: 5606)
The Customer Applications Technical Analyst (TA) works in a team environment with business analysts, system experts and development teams throughout the design, development and implementation phases of a project lifecycle. The TA defines the system architecture and completes detail designs from functional business requirements. The TA is responsible for coding and testing applications. The TA is accountable for the performance, quality and effectiveness of project deliverables.
• 7 years of Technical Analysis experience working in large companies as a analyst/programmer
• Considered an expert with Java, Websphere, DB2 (v8.0 or greater), DB2 Connect experience, Oracle Databases, Websphere Portal, J2EE, SQL and Web Services
• Technical knowledge of Windows operating systems, architecture, configuration and protocol
• Design experience utilizing object oriented technology
• Able to implement messaging including one or more of the following concepts: message queues, SOA, web services, and .net services (windows services)
• Experience at least 5 years of recent coding experience in Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, EJBs, JMS, IBM MQ Series, RAD/eclipse, CVS
• At least 2 years of general experience using SQL/PL SQL and DB2 Stored Procedure
• Experience with web services, SOA Integration, creating XML messages, WSDL, WS-Security, generating WSDL client and UML documentation - based on standards and transport protocols
• Experience with Websphere ILOG JRules Business Rule Engine or any other Rule engine product. Designed and developed multiple Business Object Models—BOMs using virtual classes and domains to decouple XOM from BOM in rule studio. Developed 1000s of business rules in BAL, TRL, Decision Table/Trees and Rule Flow. Understanding the Rule governance process implemented in Rule Team Server. Developed integration through other applications through web services/ J2EE platform or web services to the Rule Execution Server.
• Experience with application upgrades and troubleshooting application issues
• Knowledge of application globalization (sensitive to regional conventions, languages and alternate formats).
• Experience with development methodologies including working with an offshore model for development and support
• Ability to translate functional designs into technical designs, and conversely to translate complex information into common terms
• Ability to both facilitate and actively participate in meetings with representatives from multiple business and/or IT units
• Demonstrates strong time management, organizational, and administrative skills
• Experience with application testing with attention to quality and detail
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute multi-person medium scale projects
• Develops a positive working relationships and a strong rapport with team members, and is able to influence decisions at the work group level
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC), including Requirements Analysis, Design, Code, Test, etc.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Sound judgment and reasoning skills
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) including strong presentation skills
• Positive attitude, ethics, and International Values which support our company's values and a healthy, high performance culture.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project
• Translates functional requirements into technical specifications focusing on integrated and reusable solutions
• Documents systems architecture and detail designs as defined by the development methodology.
• Translates logical database designs to physical database designs
• Facilitates design review sessions to seek out alternative solutions and best practices
• Coordinates the build and deployment process across development and test environments
• Defines development plan and cost estimates.
• Defines test environment and oversees testing phases (i.e. system, integration, stress and regression testing) to ensure project deliverables satisfy functional requirements.
• Assists in the ongoing performance and reliability of applications and technical environment.
• Promotes and develops reusable models for delivery
• Provides technical support and guidance to users for major/complex support issues
• Works with the BA's to gather approval from the user community
• Creates support documentation and trains support team as needed
• Participates in post-release break/fix
• Assists BA in end user training
• Accepts assignments as required
• Bachelors Degree in IT or Computer Science preferred
• 7 years of Technical Analysis experience working in large companies as an analyst/programmer
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.