Job Title: Video Network Engineer
Location: Schaumburg, IL 60196
Duration: 4+ months (Temp to Permanent position)
Job Description / Responsibilities:
Video Network Engineer (Cisco Engineer)
*This is a temp to perm position for the right candidate
• Basic Qualifications: 5+ years networking experience
• Must have experience with Cisco Networking equipment (Routers, Switches, etc).
• Department Description: The Client Network / Security Operations Center is currently seeking an individual with a strong networking background to join a team of professionals delivering remote managed services to a variety of top-tier multi-national clients.
• We are a Fortune 500 company, a global leader in communications technologies and wireless LAN equipment across many business lines. Our Operations Centers (NOC & SOC) provide 24x7x365 managed support services for our large diverse customer base.
• This is a uniquely challenging role that leverages the candidates existing skills & experiences while allowing them to learn and work with new WLAN technologies and systems. This opportunity allows the candidate to enhance their existing knowledge of network and communications technology. They will gain valuable insight into the business through the support of diverse systems and aspects of the various technologies.
• Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations: This position is that of a full time system manager responsible for providing remote support of IP surveillance technology/systems for several customer networks. The primary responsibilities of this position are to remotely manage customer’s networks from both a health and security perspective. Responsibilities include configuration management, and troubleshooting of core network devices including Cisco firewalls, switches and routers used as the primary backbone for both WLAN traffic and video applications.
• The ideal candidate will possess a mix of both wireline, video and wireless network knowledge and will be able to quickly fill in any knowledge gaps that are important to the position responsibilities.
We have openings for both 1st and 2nd shift, 4 or 5 day work weeks. No travel is necessary except to attend applicable technical training. Occasional after hours/on call support may be necessary to support specific customer requirements.
• Hands-on experience implementing, troubleshooting or administrating network devices including Cisco firewalls, switches, routers and other network devices
• Cisco networking, WLAN certifications or equivalent experience that proves proficiency
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience with IP based video technologies and components/ hardware from various vendors including: AXIS, Bosch, Pelco, Panasonic, and Sony a major plus.
• Experience with video applications such as OnSSI and/or Milestone software is also a major plusCustomer Focused; Strong communications skills
• Demonstrable level of competence including:
• Working Knowledge of Video over IP
• Thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking
• Intermediate knowledge of routing protocols OSPF, EIGRP, BGP,
• Intermediate level knowledge of LAN switching, VLANs
• Working knowledge of WAN connectivity such as T1/T3, OC3, OC12, Frame-relay, ATM
• Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
• Working knowledge of QOS and configurations for video applications
• Ability to document work in a clear and concise manner
• Excellent balance as Individual Contributor and Team Player
• Self starter who demonstrates initiative and is willing to assume responsibility
• Able to develop and document procedures for operational tasks
• Ability to train other members of the team
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.