Location: Waukegan, IL 60085
Duration: 6+ months (Strong possibility for extension)
Job Description / Requirement:
• This position provides business systems support for e-Marketing initiatives.
• Primary client areas are PPD product marketing teams, but may also include other organizations within PPG.
• Business e-Marketing efforts can take many forms such as Internet web sites; e-mail marketing campaigns, iPad native applications - sales aids, e-detailing campaigns, external-facing physician portals, and a Variety of multimedia tools.
• Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working directly with product marketing managers to assist in testing and implementing the electronic elements of a marketing plan;
• Understanding the medical/regulatory review process within PPD and assisting as needed to assure client projects go through the review cycle successfully;
• Providing quick response at times due to business conditions or pressures;
• Working directly with external development agencies to communicate and educate on PPD standards for technologies and business;
• Understanding and communicating the requirements for applying the visual elements of corporate branding; coordination ,facilitation and troubleshooting loading the test environments for new or modified software to allow review;
• Working with service suppliers (internal and external) for file management and version control in addition to implement changes to existing systems/sites/processes; and executing a formal test and review process prior to implementations.
• The position works within a team of similar positions, collectively providing support across the franchises within PPD, and under the direction of a department manager.
The position offers the opportunity to be directly linked to PPD’s expanding efforts to market products to consumers and health care professionals, using electronic channels.
• The successful candidate must possess: strong interest in learning and understanding the business; results-oriented focus;
• Excellent client interaction skills; the ability to execute in a process-oriented environment with attention to detail;
• Ability to handle multiple projects or requests simultaneously; the ability to prioritize work effectively; and the ability to work under hard deadlines.
• The position also requires knowledge of all aspects of e-Marketing including web site “mechanics” and technologies, technical trouble shooting skills, a client-focused attitude, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Previous web development experience in multiple development languages is a plus, knowledge and understanding of relational database design and development, including web site/database connectivity is desired.
• Experience developing mobile enabled web sites or mobile application is a plus.
• Knowledge of search engine optimization, search engine marketing, and web site analytics like Omniture is desirable.
• Previous experience creating and executing software quality test plans, protocols and validation experience is a plus.
• Ability to keep informed of current and upcoming technologies and eMarketing opportunities, including web 3.0 is key. (i.e. social media and networks, smart phone applications etc.)
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.