Electronic Discovery/Litigation Support Technology Platform Solutions Leader
Location: Chicago or Midwest
Salary 125K ++
We are seeking an individual who has the Litigation Support/Electronic Discovery technical experience and leadership ability to design, build, implement and develop a highly-integrated and multifaceted technology platform that enables the intelligent capture and processing of high-volume hard copy and electronic files for commercial litigation, compliance and business process purposes.
Reports into the DOCUMENT PROCESSING SOLUTIONS Director and Leader.
Position supports 300 legal on-site facilities management sites, nine near-site regional datacenters and the 35,000 square foot off-site national processing center.
This individual will play a major strategic and decision-making role regarding the company’s technology-enabled strategies and solutions as well as:
• Establish criteria and processes for evaluating and selecting new technologies.
• Liaise with external technology providers, outsourced partners and software developers to ensure smooth operations of the Best Site platform.
• Chair the DOCUMENT PROCESSING SOLUTIONS development committee and serve on the Legal Sector solutions development steering committee.
• Draft software requirements and design specifications.
• Assess, design, develop and integrate Best Site technology components, including:
o end-to-end eDiscovery solutions offerings, including legal hold, data collection, early case assessment, data processing, hosting, and production services.
o distributed intelligent data capture, auto-recognition and indexing to easily and efficiently scan and index high volumes of paper documents.
• Deliver a software portal that allows customers to submit online orders and electronic files:
o for early case assessment, processing and document hosting services.
o to streamline end-to-end automation with minimal manual intervention.
o for online project updates; integrated billing modules.
• With operations leadership, fully document standardized operating procedures for platform solutions across the National Processing (NPC) and Regional Centers (DSC).
• With National Processing Center and IT, identify and build the underlying technology infrastructure required to enable and provide ongoing support for platform solutions.
• Provide training to sales and operation teams on platform solutions.
• With solutions consulting, develop customized solutions for DOCUMENT PROCESSING SOLUTIONS and Legal clients, as needed.
• With market (solutions) development, design, build and execute new DOCUMENT PROCESSING SOLUTIONS offerings.
• Work with other internal teams, domestically and abroad to share and leverage common technology initiatives and knowledge, e.g., image capture production tracking.
• Leverage existing client relationships to help identify and increase DOCUMENT PROCESSING SOLUTIONS revenues.
• With Company leadership, sales and marketing, extend Best Site platform to Legal FM and corporate clients.
• Maintain and grow relationships with industry organizations and other external stakeholders.
• Publish whitepapers and present at industry panels and roundtables.
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required; Masters Degree in Computer Science preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years technology solutions experience, preferably working with complex file and data processing and hosting.
• Minimum 5 years experience in the legal/litigation support area.
• Strong domain experience and expertise with third party legal/litigation support technologies and conversion services.
• Strong experience designing solutions utilizing “cloud”-based technologies and approaches.
• Exceptional process improvement and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to balance tactical business needs with strategic directions.
• Ability to build strong internal and external business and customer relationships.
• Ability to solve complex and unique problems that have a significant impact on the business.
• Ability to lead project teams to achieve business milestones and objectives.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong negotiation and influencer skills.
• Balance design and solution goals with priority focus on return on investment.
• Ensure choices and decisions are flexible and adaptable to changing industry needs and government compliances and regulations.
• Anticipate internal and external business challenges; steer solutions to meet those challenges.
• Stretch company investments to meet tactical and strategic objectives.
• Leverage partner ecosystems.
• Craft flexible solutions that enable easy process and data integration.
• Build structured frameworks and methods to drive platform design and development
• Minimize manual interventions.
• Innovate, differentiate and create customer value.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.